How healthcare organisations can stop their best ideas from falling through the cracks
Our new innovation survey has found 40% of senior healthcare executives say overzealous risk management hinders innovation in their organisation.
In the report you will find that much of the healthcare sector’s problem with innovation comes down to internal, structural resistance to change – with the main barrier to innovation being embedding change in a sustained way (29%).
In our experience, a siloed approach to innovation is unlikely to succeed. To deliver transformational results, innovation has to move beyond the R&D department and become firmly embedded in the culture of the organisation.
To achieve this, our research suggests seven recommendations that senior executives should consider to convert innovation investment into profitable return.
The report also covers:
- Our view of the innovation challenges that organisations face
- Cross-sector learnings for addressing the innovation drain
- Best practice examples from 24 interviews with innovation leaders
- Analysis by sector and key findings
- Analysis by country and key findings.