Julie Redfield, talent management expert at PA Consulting Group, provides 10 New Year’s career resolutions to take on in 2012.
Says columnist Greg Katz of Deseret News: “when I received a list of 10 "career resolutions" for the New Year from Julie Redfield, talent management expert at management and IT consulting and technology firm PA Consulting Group, I was interested in what she had to say. I like what Redfield came up with, so here are her suggestions:"
• Build your professional network, reconnecting with school friends, prior employers and others.
• Identify a mentor at least two levels up from you and ask for career advice.
• Clarify priorities and objectives for the year with your boss. Ask what a 'great' performance would look like.
• Identify one person in the office you don't know, get to know him or her and learn about his or her career aspirations.
• Make sure your boss knows your career aspirations.
• Dress like you’re the CEO.
• Set a daily list of priorities.
• Ask your boss every Monday what's on his or her worry list, and offer your help.
• Give at least one person a genuine compliment every day, and be specific.
• Rather than join in the water cooler conversation about something negative,... ask people what they are going to do about solving the problem.
Says writer Greg Katz of Julie’s ‘career resolutions’, “I think this advice can help all of us build a better work environment in the New Year.”
To read the article in full, please click here.
To find out how PA can support you in achieving excellence in people and talent management, please, please click here or contact us now.