To read the full article in Swedish click here.
PA strategy expert is quoted in an article on managers and productivity, published in the Swedish business magazine, Chef.
The article looks at how managers can streamline their work and draws on the findings of a study conducted by PA Consulting Group and the London Business School between 2011 and 2013.
Andreas explains that most managers dream of having more time and, according to the results, 45 managed to streamline their work by up to 20% by carefully mapping out their days. Managers began by delegating or cancelling tasks that did not contribute to their overall targets to free up time for more valuable work.
One example is a call centre manager who focused more time on sales calls and coaching. He managed to increase sales by 5% and ensured more employees were satisfied in the process.
Andreas concludes by stating that to help managers use their time more effectively, each manager was asked to consider:
- What is important to me in my work and my role as a manager?
- In a normal week, does my work support these overall targets?
- Which meetings and tasks should I pursue, delegate or even cancel?
- What new tasks do I need to get into my calendar?
- How do I ensure I am properly focused on my work?
To read PA's latest insight on leadership and talent management, click here or contact us now.