Leader of the Year is Sweden’s premier award recognising excellence in leadership in the private and public sectors. Co-ordinated by Affärsvärlden, Sweden’s leading weekly business magazine, Leader of the Year has been celebrating and acknowledging prominent business leaders for the past three decades.
PA, along with Affärsvärlden, was part of the original team that created the award in 1983. As a partner, we are also a member of the nomination jury.
Our work with organisations globally requires us to engage and build relationships with leaders across a wide range of sectors. This gives us a broad perspective on management and leadership which is vital to the success and reputation of the programme.
Previous winners include many of Sweden’s leading business people.
Jonas Wiström, CEO, ÅF AB was honoured with the 2016 Leader of the Year award at the prestigious dinner event at Berns Salonger in Stockholm on November 22nd.
Leader of the Year 2016:
- Jon Åsberg, Chief Editor, Affärsvärlden (Jury Chairman)
- Carl-Henric Svanberg, Chairman, BP and Volvo AB
- Pär Boman, Chairman, Handelsbanken
- Eva Hamilton, Director, LKAB
- Carl-Henrik Hallström, Nordenchef Wipro Ltd
- Per Blom, Partner, PA Consulting Group
- Mats-Ola Bydell, Senior Client Partner, Korn Ferry
- Jan Dernestam, Managing Partner, Manheimer Swartling
To find out more about recognising excellent leaders at your organisation contact us now.
To find out more about the Leader of the Year event, past winners or the nomination process read
Leader of the Year Award winner 2016
Jonas Wiström, CEO, ÅF AB:
The jury said: "Med smarta förvärv och personalen i fokus har Årets Ledare 2016 stöpt om en liten, fragmenterad förlustverksamhet till en topprankad höglönsam branschjätte".